Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Moving Tyop?

The urge to bumper-stick is probably related to the urge for vanity plates. Today I saw a plate that made me wonder; it's a variant on the "MOMSBMW" sort of thing--a way of claiming your car (and its status). Only this one, on a sand-colored Ford Explorer, said "NANASVU."

Okay. So is that Nana's SUV, and someone got it flipped? Or is it Nana's VU? and what does that mean? Or is Nana simply a fan of Law and Order: SVU? I don't know why this sort of thing grabs hold of my thoughts so comprehensively, but it does. Maybe that was the point.

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan Frampton said...

That is _exactly_ the kind of thing that keeps me up nights (and it doesn't help I am a compulsive anagrammer).

12:38 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets all jambered up considering this stuff.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry. Totally inappropriate comment here, but the email on your other page doesn't seem to be working...

We've never met IRL, but I've enjoyed your blog and your books, which I found through Maureen McHugh's blog. Given her recent irritating and disappointing news (which is putting it mildly), I'd like to knit her a hat, one that will be good for a chemo-induced bald head. The yarn I have is in a color called "lucky," which seems appropriate.

Here's why I'm telling you this. I'd like to keep it sort of a surprise, just in case I don't get the darn thing done until she is months out of chemo and back in the pink. I don't, however, know where to mail it and don't want to ask Maureen herself, because that wouldn't go well with the whole surprise thing. Do you know of a good address to mail something to her?

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home