Monday, January 30, 2006

Joys of Home Ownership

As I noted elsewhere, there are apparently specific benefits to home ownership. Well these days we can certainly use all the benefits we can accrue, and we certainly own lots of homes: the one we live in, the Spouse's first apartment in NYC, in which he has a nice tenant; and my father's house in Massachusetts, in which we have a nice tenant.

So far this year there's been the new furnace, and the possibility of work on the well. And today my nice tenant calls to tell me that the water softener guy was in changing tanks and noticed a leak in one of the heating pipes. So his office called the company that services our furnace and arranged for a service call this afternoon. They were pleased (the furnace people) that I called, just so that they could get someone other than Culligan vetting the visit, but honestly, it seems as though the whole process could go on without me. As long as I send checks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

We did house stuff the last couple of years. These last two years have been Years of the Car. Last month I got a new clutch. New clutches, like new pipes, just don't feel like fun acquisitions, if you know what I mean.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

I so do. A new kitchen is a sexy expenditure. A new furnace is not.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home