Thursday, January 19, 2006

Five Easy Pieces (or is that Uneasy)

Oh, look! It's a meme! This may be the first time I've ever been tagged for one. I'm, like, so honored.

Chris Barzak was tagged by Ms. Bond for the five weird habits meme. He tagged Maureen McHugh, who tagged me

The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits" and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You have been tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

Weird? Surely everything I do is entirely rational. If you're me.

1) Unless I'm sick, I have to be the last one to bed every night. This has more to do with how I defined myself as grown up when I was growing up than anything else, than it has to do with too-much-to-do or anything like that. It's okay if everyone is still awake, but I have to be the last one to physically crawl into bed. Unless I'm sick, in which case all bets are off.

2) I still like to eat black olives off the tips of my fingers. Inner Child, outer child. Just plain child.

3) I'm allowed three games of...whatever the current game is...before I write. Then no more until I've been working for three hours. If I break this rule I am superstitiously persuaded that whatever I write will be crap.

4) I like to eat the crusts only of my bread. Particularly good crusty sourdough or rye. The crustier the better, with maybe a smear of butter or a curl of cheese. Mmmmm.

5) I walk around the house with a shawl on, as if I were my own ancient Lithuanian grannie (except neither of my grannies were Lithuanian). Rather than looking bold and Auntie-Mamish, it makes me look a little like a bag lady. But I'm warm, which is what counts.

As for who I'm tagging...Um...Jonquil, Emma Bull, Sharyn November (because her answers are bound to be incendiary), Nineweaving and my lovely editor Anna, who will no doubt ignore the whole thing. As Maureen says, No Karma Applies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home