Friday, May 06, 2005

Guilt

This has been a perfectly delightful week, except that I've gotten no work done, haven't made it to the gym, and fell mildly off the wagon, diet-wise. Today I am chaperoning a 3rd grade trip to Mission Dolores; we had visitors and birthdays and life, and it was all swell, except that I am left with the cranky whine of worthlessness in the back of my head: "You didn't get any writing done! You couldn't even make it to the gym! What a bad person you are! Bad bad bad!"

Yeah, I know it's foolish. I will get back on the wagon on Monday. But I don't seem to be able to say that as loud as the Cranky Whine says its piece. I will try to reverse the process by surrounding myself with nine-year-olds. Joy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Oh, yes, fun was certainly had. But I note that when I don't get any work done over a period of time (unless I'm doing other tangible things--painting a room, fer ex) I get cranky. I will work on the slack thing.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home