Friday, May 06, 2005

Guilt

This has been a perfectly delightful week, except that I've gotten no work done, haven't made it to the gym, and fell mildly off the wagon, diet-wise. Today I am chaperoning a 3rd grade trip to Mission Dolores; we had visitors and birthdays and life, and it was all swell, except that I am left with the cranky whine of worthlessness in the back of my head: "You didn't get any writing done! You couldn't even make it to the gym! What a bad person you are! Bad bad bad!"

Yeah, I know it's foolish. I will get back on the wagon on Monday. But I don't seem to be able to say that as loud as the Cranky Whine says its piece. I will try to reverse the process by surrounding myself with nine-year-olds. Joy.

3 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

What does a writer do before Writing? It is called Life.

Isn't that we tell young writers to go and do before they can create?

You will be cutting yourself that slack thing, girl.

Because even though you were not actually putting the words down you were thinking.

So sez the editor...and you had some fun, yes?

You deserve fun...

--claire

8:45 PM  
Blogger claire said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Oh, yes, fun was certainly had. But I note that when I don't get any work done over a period of time (unless I'm doing other tangible things--painting a room, fer ex) I get cranky. I will work on the slack thing.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home