Thursday, May 25, 2006

Celebration

Today is Ian McKellan's birthday; he is 76, I believe. I saw him in Acting Shakespeare in the mid-80s and fell completely in love (his voice is sublime, and he has beautiful hands, and the sort of rangy male beauty I find very compelling). Then I saw him in A Knight Out and realized that he was not just talented and gorgeous, but very smart and very funny. Since then, of course, he's been a mutant and a wizard and Richard III and many other things. I'm just glad he's alive. I think he's swell. Happy Birthday, Sir Ian.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Oooooo. That'd charm the migraine out of your head.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word.

As I say, I have to have the audio on low but that voice just the thing for what ails a body...

--claire

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home