Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Imagine There's No Heaven

So this morning the guys on the radio were talking about this: a pay-per-view seance purporting to contact John Lennon. Anyone see this thing? Apparently the message Lennon's shade sent back was "Peace is the message" or something like that. There was an aural contact (ghosts manipulate sound equipment and leave messages, and this sounded like John); visual contact (looked like a face swarming up into the camera; said face, according to the Ghost Hunter interviewed on KFOG, could have been anyone). So I'm wondering, anyone see this, and if so, what did you think?

7 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

I'm particularly struck by the fact that it was $9.99 to see it--plus about $5 in taxes and fees. Chiggers.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Derryl Murphy said...

You forgot the second part of the question: "And why?"

D

9:17 PM  
Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

You pay $15 to hear beyond-the-grave profundities from John Lennon and he just mouths the same old things.

I have to say, that's just like him.

By the way, Mad, have you or Danny you seen the trailer for "A Hard Day's Night of the Living Dead"?

Go to
http://www.salon.com/ent/video_dog/

and scroll down unti you find "Vampires Chasing Beatles!"

5:51 AM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Cute, Greg.

By the way: I don't know if DM.net is still running, but I've been locked out for some time. If you'd tell people there that I still love them, but cannot find my way home, I'd appreciate it.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

Mad, I thought I had sent you a note about this. A server problem has rendered DM permanently inaccessible except via newsreaders. (I don't understand the tech issues here.) Any newsreader works, but those of us who just went in must now get one.

And because of this (and other issues), DM is slated for the wrecking ball sometime in mid-May.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

I used to use a newsreader, then it stopped working, and for the last year and more I've been using the web. Sigh.

There goes another neighborhood. Is Lois vowing death before dishonor?

5:48 PM  
Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

Lois is responding characteristically.

Come back for the last few weeks, Mad. Blogs are well and good, but an online bulletin board chat is still like a good living room full of friends.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home