Saturday, August 20, 2005

Baby Evil

So I'm in the sunroom reading the 200+ emails that came in in the three days I was away from the internet, and YG is in the livingroom on the desktop computer, playing a game called "Avatar Prom" on theN.com. And it has the most annoying music track, heavily electronic percussion that cycles over and over, punctuated every now and then by three electric guitar chords (the same chords that start out Joni Mitchell's "Free Man in Paris," if that helps to imagine it). She's been playing this game for at least an hour, and the music is beginning to drive me a little batty.
"I wonder if anyone has ever been driven to murder by music like that?" I muse.
"Get used to it!" YG sneers. "I'm on the third level!"
"That's swell, but that music is driving me bonkers."
She shrugs and smiles charmingly. "Well, I am evil!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonquil said...

My children are evil, too.

I try to think of it as being a run-up to being the Power Behind The Throne of their evil empire. What was the Sultan's mother's title anyway?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Big Momma?

If you asked SG, she would tell you she's not at all evil. Just misunderstood. What I like about YG is her wholehearted embrace of her lower nature.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Jonquil said...

Found it. Sultan Valideh.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home