Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Got a Piece of the Rock

Today I got the swellest thing in the mail! A chunk of the terra cotta face from the Flatiron Building, courtesy of my friends Teresa Nielsen Hayden and Claire Eddy. Even if I'd still been living in NY I'd have loved this, but now it's a favored possession, along with my wrecked NY Taxi license plate (also courtesy of Claire, who has a genius for finding such things) and my NY Tel phone plate (courtesy my father, who did some design work for Bell Labs back in the days when they were Bell Labs...).

It's about six by five inches, smooth and glazed on the inside, roughly sculpted on the outside, and a nice beige in color. I'm lovin' it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Ohhhh, I wish you could post a picture!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

I'll take a picture and see if I can figure out how to post it, Maureen (tho' if I'd figured that one out I'd already have posted a copy of the cover flat for the mass edition of Point of Honour. I have no shame.)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home