Sunday, June 19, 2005

Home is the Laptop

Yesterday we drove down to Burlingame to reclaim my laptop, and I am once more electric. Only took them four days, but they had to replace the hard drive, the logic board, the keyboard, and the optical drive. What's left? Only the motherboard (already replaced twice, iirc) and the battery (also replaced earlier). John, my buddy at the Apple Store, says that if I show up one more time with a sick laptop he's going to personally "foment revolution" and demand that they replace the thing wholesale. As it is, for my $250 Apple Care coverage, I have by this time gotten well over $2000 worth of repair work done. The happiest thing, of course, would be for my iBook never to have broken at all, but still, having it home again makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home