Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Mild Technological Breakdown

Two weeks before we moved out to California (that would be December of 2002) my laptop and my Palm Pilot died on the same day. I immediately got a new laptop--replacing my old Powerbook 1400 with a sleek white Mac laptop. Unfortunately, pretty much since the day I brought it home this laptop has had motherboard "issues" which have required replacing the logic board, the motherboard, the video card, and on one memorable occasion, the hard disk as well. Fortunately, I have Apple Care, which means that none of this has cost me beyond the initial purchase of the policy. So last night, as I was playing Sims, my screen started flickering and rolling through what I have come to call the Corruscating Colors of Doom. So this morning I packed the poor thing up and brought it down to Apple. The nice man there, with whom I have a friendly relationship based on techno-despair (we both wish we could understand why this keeps happening) has sent it back to be repaired, with a strongly worded note to the effect that they must repair it, and if it doesn't take, they must replace it. I think that's a fine notion.

In the meantime, I'm going to use my few productive hours/day to do some reading. I've had an idea about the book, you see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home