Monday, June 13, 2005

It's Summer Time

Despite the fact that in San Francisco summer is a time of fog and chill (at least in our neighborhood) summer is upon us. I know this because Sarcasm Girl went off to A.C.T. to begin her six-week intensive theatre program, and Emphatic Girl is still asleep at 9:27 (Pacific Time). EG's day camp starts in two weeks, so it's just me and her for the next coupla weeks. I will doubtless not get as much writing done as I should/want to. Perhaps the fallow time will prove useful. In the meantime, maybe I'll make ginger peach preserves again.

7 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

My usual custom is to go out to a coffee shop--we have a fabulous bakery/coffee place two blocks away, and a nice cafe another block from that. And EG is now getting large enough so that I can probably leave her alone for an hour or two. It's just that she wants to plan every day to a faretheewell, which doesn't leave time for Mama Goes and Writes Time. But I' working on it.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

The file wouldn't work, as the bars are all in my head.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Jonquil said...

Peach/ginger preserves recipe, please?

Good luck with the summertime.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Um...I generally make peach preserves and put in too much fresh ginger. I am of the belief that too much fresh ginger (or, when baking, too much powdered ginger) is only enough. I'll see if I can find the recipe I adulterated last year.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jonquil said...

Is the fresh ginger minced, julienne, or in slices?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Julienned or in thin slices. But with enough body to the slices so that you can bite into them. Did I mention my fervent belief in ginger as a miracle food and yummy thing?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jonquil said...

I am with you in all ways. When I worked for a workstation company, //ginger was the name of my system. I ate it in all forms through two pregnancies; it was one of the few things that really tasted good.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home