Friday, May 27, 2005

Botany

This morning I was wakened by Sarcasm Girl, fully dressed and stressed out looking, at my door. She was doing the not-so-subtle cha-cha that says "I want something but I'm not going to say what it is that I want." It is 5:50 in the morning. Ugh.

Turns out that she believes that it is 6:50, that she'll be late for work unless I take her to school. So I point out the hour, and she falls into bed and we cuddle for a little while, after which I get her some food and send her off to school. This sort of set the tone for the day: I was a chaperone for a third grade field trip to the SF Botanical Gardens. Of course, it was a cold, dreary, damp, foggy day, so it was essentially two hours of shivering nine-year-olds, punctuated by the chance to hold banana slugs and nose about in leaf mold. And then, off to karate, and softball with Emphatic Girl; after which we raced home so I could get SG to a performance (after which she's coming home with a friend for an impromptu sleepover).

No writing done today, of course. Somedays you just have to say what the hell. Or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home