Sunday, October 09, 2005

Thunder Overhead

This is doubtless unpatriotic of me, and flying in the face of cherished local tradition and stuff, but can I just say that I hate the Blue Angels streaking overhead, so loud and so low that it calls up in me a passionate desire to hide under a table? I was no where near 9/11 (I was, in fact 100 blocks north), but like a lot of people in New York it took me several years to get past a flinch response when a regular ol' jet airliner went overhead. And these showboating damned jets zipping over my home makes me completely regress. Hate, hate, hate. There, I've said it. You can report me now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonquil said...

Deb Grabien feels the same way; not only is the noise personally maddening, but it drives all her 13 cats insane. (You'd probably like her -- debg on Livejournal; among other things, she writes mystery novels based on the Child Ballads.)

Come on, in a liberal city like SF? Of COURSE you're not alone.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home